Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quite A Pair

Today started off with breakfast, the usual cereal with milk and coffee. Then it was off to work! The morning flew, and I had a huge Bosc pear for a snack. It grew quite the crowd! People didn't know what it was. I even had a co-worker ask if it was a potato!


Lunch with PB & J on whole wheat and a Bartlett pear with water. I had two chocolates for dessert! So yummy.


I forgot to pull the chicken down today, so I had to improvise protein in tonight's dinner. I tried the new Ronzini pasta with whole-wheat and flax seed... and it's great! It already has 7 g of protein, so we were working with a good base. I chopped up a broccoli crown and grabbed some frozen edamame. I boiled the pasta and threw in the veggies at the last minute.





Meanwhile, I slowly sauteed garlic in olive oil on low heat for a few minutes. Then I added 1 Tbsp of cooking sherry and let it simmer. After a few minutes, I added a little more oil. It was probably a total of 2 Tbsp of oil. Then I drained the pasta and veggies and tossed it with the oil.





After adding a little Parmesan, I dug into a delish dinner! I had two bowls like this one, the second with a little less pasta. It was probably 3 serving veggies and 1 serving pasta, total.





After dinner, we went for a walk, and then it was time to get crackin' on my contribution for tomorrow's Halloween potluck! I made Boney Breadsticks.



I bought a roll of pizza dough and cut it into 6 squares and then cut each square into 5-6 strips. Then I tied each strip at each end to create a bone shape.



When all on the baking sheet, I sprinkled with cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Then into the oven...



And viola!

No comments: