Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another Sick Day

I woke up feeling less than awesome again today. I called in sick today and took the day to rest. Luckily, I had an appetite! After sleeping in, I woke up and made myself some oatmeal (KathEats recipe) topped with 2 Tbsp peanut butter, a tsp of honey and some dark chocolate shavings with some coffee and an apple.

I was able to do some reading for school. It felt nice to get something accomplished! I started to feel pretty tired, so I whipped up a quick lunch of soup (2 cups) and a turkey (1 oz) sandwich on whole wheat (2 serv) with Swiss cheese (1 serv), lots of tomatoes and lettuce (1 C lettuce, 0.5 C tomato). It was a lot of food.

Then I hit the hay! I took a nice nap and woke up feeling much better. Good enough to bake some whole wheat muffins. I plan to use them later this week for dinner. I was able to get in some more reading and watched a video for class. Kendall came home and we had leftover curry with a bit of chicken breast and rice. I also tried one of my muffins. Kendall really dug in! We each had a pear for dessert.

Then we relaxed with "The Biggest Loser." I love that show! It's so inspiring.

No comments: