Thursday, October 15, 2009

Testing Testing


Today went well! I have a test coming up that I'm pretty nervous about so I spent a good 45 minutes studying. I felt a lot better afterward.

I started today off by measuring my cereal again. I'm just trying to get a good idea of the look for the portion, and in the morning, my memories not so sharp. Today was Cheerios, skim milk and coffee.

Then it was off to work, where I grabbed a banana from our shared table for a snack. I also snagged an apple for my lunch, because we are only down to one apple and if I could save the one I packed today for Friday, then both Kendall and I get a piece of fruit in our lunch.

This afternoon, we had a team meeting and we rocked our numbers for the past fiscal year, so they brought us treats! I split a cupcake and a mini-lemon tart with my co-worker and grabbed what I thought was a chocolate bonbon. I think it was a cake ball. Not so great. I also had about 3 oz of pomegranate soda. Yummy!
For dinner, I made spaghetti with ground turkey and steamed some fresh broccoli. I measured out again, and was pleasantly surprised. I really recommend measuring your food from time to time! Tonight, I measured out one cup of pasta, which turned out to be more than I thought. I also measured out one cup of the sauce, which I estimate to be about 3/4 meat and 1/4 tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Then I measured out my broccoli using two half-cup measures. So that is 2 servings of vegetables! A serving is probably a lot less than you think, so eat up!

Now we are relaxing with The Office and 30 Rock and some guac and chips!

No comments: