Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sick day and Shopping!

Kendall woke up with awful allergies this morning! I think it's the mold in the air caused by all the rain. After some cereal and milk, I dashed the grocery stores to get some food, some soup, and some Airborne for him. Pobrecito!

At HEB, I picked up 2 cans of tomato sauce, 2 cans of Select Harvest Soup for Kendall, some sliced swiss cheese and sliced turkey for our lunches and some Airborne. Minus the Airborne, we can out to $8.97!

Then I went to Newflower for the veggies and fruit. I bought 1 lb of brown rice ($0.68), a little less than a pound of whole wheat flour ($0.71), lots of apples, some pears, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, potatoes, a butternut squash, and two zucchinis! I forgot the broccoli, but might just sub the zucchini for those recipes... no biggie! They didn't get a shipment of spaghetti squash today, so they told me to try back later this week. I was planning to serve it on Wednesday, so it's no problem. The total came out to... $9.81.

Adding it all up, Friday's trip to HEB and today's jaunt brings us to $35.01! Yes! I deducted the wine from Friday's receipt, to be honest, and now have plenty leftover for some spaghetti squash.

No comments: