Monday, October 26, 2009

Fri 10/22-- On the Road

At Grant House


This time, the breakfast buffet didn't trick me! I had a full bowl of oatmeal (~2 C) with cinnamon, raisins, brown sugar and granola plus 2 Tbsp peanut butter. I had another bowl of fruit (~2 C) with some scrambled eggs mixed up with a few hashed potatoes. Then I covered the whole thing with salsa. I also had some orange juice and coffee. Certainly a bigger breakfast than usual, but we were headed out on our adventure!







We drove into Portland and looked at downtown. Then we drove up into the hills and ran into the Pittock Mansion. We didn't go in, but enjoyed all the trees. Then we stopped by the rose garden and looked at some blooms. It was raining and so cold, but we had good time!







For lunch, Kendall suggested the Grant House Restaurant in Vancouver. Part of Officer's row, the historic home was a great atmosphere to enjoy some food! We ordered the special of the day: A Greek Wrap with hummus, goat cheese and veggies, with a cup of the soup of the day, Clam Chowder. It was seriously one of the best meals I've had in recent memory! The started us with some great sourdough and herb butter. I had two slices.







Then it was off to Seattle...

No comments: