Friday, November 27, 2009

Wrap it up!

What a day! I sort of feel like I conquered Black Friday! I was up at 4:30 am! I got dressed and grabbed a container of raisins and nuts to curb my appetite while I shopped. I definitely did not want a big Starbucks distraction while playing Santa.

And I have to say, I got a lot done. By 7 am, I had hit three stores and finished the bulk of my sprinting. Kendall called to remind me that we were out of cereal, so I swing by the grocery store, and went home to eat. I was hungry, tired and had a slight headache at that point. We had a bowl of Quaker Oat Squares with milk and coffee. Yum! We both love those things!

I normally try not to buy for myself on Black Friday. It's all about the gifts. This year, I could not pass up a great deal on a slow cooker and I got my black dress that I'll need for Bethany's wedding.

So once home, I looked up slow cooker recipes and made a grocery list. Then it was off for a few more gifts and groceries.

Once home for good, I set up the slow cooker meal and got to work on lunch. Kendall worked from home and we had a date. We had whole-wheat wraps with chipotle mayo, turkey, Swiss, tomato, avocado and lettuce. On the side, some sub-par clam chowder.



I had a glass of cranberry juice after that. Then I grabbed some coffee and went up to wrap! I wrapped EVERYTHING! When I finished wrapping, I cleaned the bathrooms and then got to baking! Gingersnaps!
A few hours after popping it in, our Spanish Chicken was ready!

I had it with a dark beer. So tangy and satisfying!


No comments: