Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Veggie Heaven


That's what I felt like I was eating for breakfast Monday morning! I used the leftover spinach-onion stuffing for my tartlets and scrambled it with 2 eggs. I had a piece of whole wheat toast. It was yummy and filling. I didn't get hungry until 10:45 am... about 45 min after I usually do! It felt great to get some greens at the beginning of my day. (1.5 serv veggies, 2 serv protein, 1 serv grains)
I did get hungry at 10:45, so I had a little bunch of grapes (~ 1 C). They were really refreshing!
For lunch, I had turkey and Swiss on whole wheat with a baggie of baby carrots and a pear. A visitor brought Belgian chocolate cookies, so I had three! (1 protein, 1 dairy, 1 veg, 2 grains, 1 fruit + discretionary cals)
I drank my water and was very proud of myself. I got home and started in on the chili straight away! I made my white chili recipe, but without chicken and an extra can of beans. It still turned out great! I added some diced potatoes to stretch it a bit further so we can have it for lunch and dinner. I had 1 bowl with some tortilla chips on the side. I'm having a hard time estimating what I ate, but I'm approximating 3/4 C beans, and 2 serv grains (corn, chips and potatoes) plus lots of onions. Will post photos later...
I studied and when I came downstairs, there were candles all aglow. I love how cozy that looks! A cool front blew in and the hubby made decaf and popcorn (I had 2 bowls of it). Then we settled in and discussed our ideas for Christmas gifts! To all a good night!

No comments: