Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sorry for the Delay!

Here's a quick recap of Friday... I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast after my run. Then I had PB & J on whole wheat with a hugh jass apple! I had two chocolates. We went to see a man about a horse, er, I mean, car... so we stopped at Kerby Lane Cafe for dinner! I didn't have my camera, but I had spinach, mushroom and artichoke enchiladas (1 C veg) with verde sauce on corn tortillas (2 serv grain) with black beans (.25 C) and rice (.5 C) on the side. I also had about half of Kendall's dinner salad (.5 C veg). I took home about .5 C of rice and .5 C beans.


I came home and had some red wine and watched a movie!



Saturday was busy as I got ready for Bethany's Bridal shower!



On the menu...
  • Veggies with white bean dip
  • Spinach and onion tartlets
  • Fruit and cheese tray
  • Crackers and brie with cranberry sauce
  • Spice Cake
  • Coffee
  • Iced Tea
  • Cranberry-Raspberry Punch
  • Champagne










The cake was.... a hot mess. I made it from a box, and as I moved the layers, it broke! I patched it together as much as possible with icing. Then... icing ran low. So I used some foliage from our garden to try to hide my mistakes.

Spinach tarlet goodness!

All in all, we had a great time! I can't wait for the big day in December!

After clean-up, Kendall and I kicked back with some cheese pizza and beer. We chilled and watched "Burn After Reading." Not my favorite movie, but it was a great way to end the day!

No comments: