Thursday, November 12, 2009

So Glad it's Almost the Weekend!

I started the day with a bowl of cereal and milk with black coffee. Around 10 am, I got hungry and had some dried cranberries and mixed nuts (~2 oz). That held me over to lunch. I had turkey and mozzarella on whole wheat. I used Dijon mustard on my sandwich. It was a nice switch. I also had a juicy Bartlett pear.


After work, I went to the store to pick up things for the bridal shower this weekend! I had a lot of fun picking out yummy and pretty things. I can't wait! I won't post the menu now, but will take photos... I promise!



Then I came home and we threw together dinner. Tonight was sort of a Southern nod to the British classic, Beans on Toast. I toasted the rest of my Ezekiel bread (2 serv) and put a little olive oil margarine on it. Then I put some black beans (about 1/4 C) which were coarsely mashed. I sprinkled a little cheddar on it and warmed it all up. On the side, some Campari tomatoes (2.5 tomatoes, probably 2 serv) with a little sea salt. It was light, but delicious. I had it with a glass of red wine, and I will probably have another glass tonight while watching TV.




On a more personal note, I want to give a big shout-out to my friend M, who's embarking on a challenging journey. To honor her, I busted out my Phobia bracelet, which we bought together in celebration of our favorite Ghanaian soccer team. I'm putting it on now and not taking it off until her journey is over and the celebration has begun (Speaking of...'ritas, M? It's totally your call).
I'll be thinking of you every day, M!
Kendall has been wearing the awesome shirt you gave him. We're pulling for you!

What a hunk.

I have a lot of special people in my life who are going through a tough time right now, and I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes:

Your Heart is a Muscle The Size of Your Fist. Keep Loving, Keep Fighting.- Dalia Sapon-Shevin

No comments: