Friday, November 27, 2009

Be Thankful

We started off the day with a bowl of cereal and coffee. Then we took a nice long walk. I came home, showered, and got dressed. Then it was time to get a move on!

We helped out around the in-laws place and soon, my family arrived! We visited while we snacked on fresh veggies, some whole-wheat crackers with cream cheese and jam, and some great punch.






Then it was time for the turkey!


This was my plate (~5 oz turkey, 1/2 C green bean casserole, 3/4 C mashed potatoes, 1.5 C salad, .5 C steamed veggies, 1/2 C stuffing, and 1 slice whole-wheat bread). I ended up having just a little more turkey.




Then I had a slice of apple pie with some whipped cream and a coffee.

After we feasted, I taught one my nephew's how to knit and then we went for a walk to the park. A little hide-and-seek happened! We walked back and folks started going home.

After everyone else had left, we chatted with Kendall's parents and I had a few more crackers with cream cheese and jam. I wasn't too hungry!

We came home and I had a dark beer and a bit of red wine. Then it was early to bed to hit the Black Friday sales!!

No comments: