Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Bundle!

The day started off stressful, but ended with some exciting news!

I started with a bowl of cereal and milk and took my black coffee to go. Monday mornings are always a bit crazy because I have to forward lots of voicemail that's built up over the weekend! I had an apple around 10 am.
For lunch, a turkey and muenster on whole wheat sandwich with a little lettuce. I had another apple and a few chocolates.
Sometimes I get stressed when I have a lot on my plate. I have a test this week, plus some homework assignments I need to work on this week to turn in on time next week. I'm also throwing a bridal shower in 2 weekends and I'm checklist making! On top of that, there's the excitement of the holidays, a few things we want to accomplish around the house by said shower and holidays, registering for Spring semester, etc.
I think this is probably a common feeling around this time of year, so I'm impart some wisdom. Kendall reminded me that health comes first. Physical, mental, and emotional health! For me, that means enjoying a health marriage, keeping friends and family close, getting plenty of sleep and water, exercising regularly, and eating right! Then comes school and work. Then celebrating Eric & Bethany's wedding and the holidays!
For dinner, I grabbed calabaza squash and threw it together with onions, black beans, some garlic and a can of chipotle flavored diced tomatoes. I served over rice. I had 1 C rice (2 serv) with 1.5 C beans and veggies and a corn tortilla on the side. Yum!
After some studying, I got some very good news! I'm going to be an aunt again! My brother and his wife are expecting!! It helps to put everything in focus. Checklists can get long, but it'll all get done. Life has a funny way of showing you what's really important, sometimes!
Now it's time to kick back, watch a little TV, split a beer and get some Nutcracker tickets!

No comments: