Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Fine Day

Yesterday was my Friday since I am off on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Yes! I started the day with a bowl of Raisin Bran. We had a discussion about how there's a lot of fiber, but also a lot of sugars so it's a trade-off cereal.


Then I grabbed my coffee and headed to work, complete with lunch in hand. I had a banana for a snack around 10 am. Work was pretty quiet for me.

For lunch, I had a turkey and Muenster on whole-wheat sandwich with lettuce. I also had a few corn chips that we need to finish up, a big apple, and a sugar cookie from home. I saved the cookie for a little after lunch... I needed to make room!

Then it was off to the shelter to hang out with our dog. She has surgery today, so we wanted to give her lots of playtime.

After playtime, we headed out for dinner and dog shopping. We tried the new South Austin location of Taquiera Chapala, one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants. The original location in East Austin is better, I think. The lettuce and tomato were fresher, better cheese, not as heavy on the sour cream, and generous with the avocado. Still, not bad. We'll be back! I had two chicken tostadas... they were complete with beans, chicken, about 1 C of lettuce, some tomato, about 1/4 an avocado, about 4 Tbsp sour cream, and a good 1-2 oz of shredded cheese. Yum!

I hope to blog a bit throughout today... I still have more puppy stuff to get and need to go to the grocery store. But I hope you all have SAFE and FUN and FESTIVE New Year's celebrations! Happy 2010!

No comments: