Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nacho Night!

It was COLD this morning, so I started off with a nice hot shower. Then I had some hot apple cinnamon oatmeal made with 1 C milk. I made my coffee and packed my lunch.

Work went smoothly this morning. We're prepping for the big Holiday Luncheon tomorrow. I had a pear for a snack.

For lunch, I had half a turkey sandwich on whole-grain with lettuce and mayo. I also packed some leftover chicken stew. I also had a tangerine. And for dessert...



THESE BABIES! I got them last year as a Christmas present. Since I've been so tempted by candies around the office, I turned to them. They are dark chocolate coated cacao nibs. The entire tin is only 140 calories, but just a few of them pack a lot of punch. I really only need a few and the satisfy my choco craving.



Tonight was nacho night. I make them every once in a while, usually to use up ingredients. I had to use up some tomatillos, so I made salsa verde. Avocados were on sale this week, so we had three. I used one. I also needed to use those black beans in a new way! So we had nachos. I also made a salad of greens, tomatoes, cilantro in a lime dressing.



Nacho directions:
Spread out tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet or a 13x9 casserole. Put ingredients to be warmed on top, like beans, canned diced tomatoes, onions, and cheese. Put under the broiler for 3-4 min. Turn, and broil for 3-4 min. Then sprinkle your fresh ingredients on top, like green onions, fresh tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and cilantro. Serve with a big old spoon!

No comments: