Thursday, December 31, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin...

To 2010, to the new dog, to whatever!

I started the morning with a bowl of apple-cinnamon oatmeal to which I added some peanut butter, honey and a few chocolate chips. 'Twas delicious and filling!



Peanut butter + chocolate = Always a good idea!



Then I got moving! I went from store to store buying the rest of our puppy stuff. I stopped by the grocery store then was back home. I loaded some laundry and got lunch.

For lunch, I had a heaping salad and the rest of the leftover risotto (1/2 C). I also had a big glass of water.


I know I've been skimpy on the veggies lately, so I filled my bowl up and I measured it out to see what I was getting. I had 2 C lettuce, 1 C of cucumbers and tomatoes, and 1/2 C avocado. I added 3 Tbsp of crumbled blue cheese and then drizzles 1 Tbsp light ranch and 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar on it and gave a good toss. That's 4 servings of veggies! Not bad, eh?




Now I'm patiently waiting the time that I can go pick up our puppy! I have to return one item this afternoon, and then we are set. I've got her travel crate and a bag of goodies all set up for her.
Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve, y'all!

No comments: