Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning... Time to Party!

If you celebrate it, Merry Christmas!

Kendall and I woke up this morning and came downstairs to open our gifts. I must have been a good wife... He gave me a set of pearls, a nice new watch and a subscription to the New Yorker. Score! The jewelry is beautiful and I love that magazine. I got it two years ago, and have really missed it.

I tried on the earrings and necklace, then got to work on browning turkey for chili. I had to admit, I felt like a Hillbilly Housewife, wearing pearls, PJs, and browning meat at 7:30 am!

I had some minimuffins and a cup of coffee for breakfast. We busied ourselves getting things ready for everyone to arrive. We set up a buffet so people would help themselves.

We set out dessert...

Also served tamales, cornbread and my mother-in-law brought the yummy salad!


Tamale goodness...



Chili buffet with all the toppings (sour cream, corn chips, cheese, green onions and jalapenos).


It turned out to be a big success! Everyone had a good time, and clean-up wasn't too bad.
I had a bowl of chili with about 2 Tbsp sour cream, a sprinkling of cheese, about 7 corn chips, and some green onions. I also had a corn bread muffin, 1 tamale, a few chips and salsa and about 1/2 C salad. Yum! I grabbed some punch, and two cookies for dessert.



No comments: