Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Get Tricky!


I don't know about you, but sometimes I really struggle with getting in my water during the day. As New Year's Eve approaches, I find myself thinking of the same resolution that I've had for the past 3 years... more water! I fall on and off the wagon with this one. But I have found a little trick that really works.
Think water. If I have my reusable water bottle on my desk, but I don't feel like I want any, I think to myself, "You're really thirsty, aren't you?" or "Gosh! I am SO thirsty!" Even if I wasn't, I suddenly could glug down at least 16 oz. After thinking that, I find myself feeling so parched, that all I want is water.
Of course, the key to this trick is having water at the ready. So invest in a fun, durable and portable water bottle that you can use over and over again. Right now, I'm using a BPA-Free bottle by Eddie Bauer that my in-laws gave me. It's orange, which is fun, holds about 28 oz, and is super-durable. I put it in the dishwasher, throw it in my bag, leave it my car and it holds its own. It also doesn't have that little ring seal that falls out, and the lid stays attached to the bottle so I don't have to track it down. I know there are tons of cute reusable water bottles, and everyone seems to have their favorite, so find one that works for you and then make yourself thirsty. :)

No comments: