Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Luncheon!

Holiday Luncheon at work today! I started off with a bowl of cereal and milk and grabbed my coffee. I had to dress up in a tacky holiday outfit. I borrowed a holiday snowman sweater from my mother-in-law and paired it with leggings, 2 pairs of Christmas socks, sneakers, Christmas pins, earrings and bracelets. Yes!

We spent the morning setting up. For lunch, I had veggie enchiladas, rice, black beans and a few chips with salsa. I had sweet tea on the side. For dessert I had a few bites of pumpkin mousse and a piece of chocolate cake. Yum!

For dinner, I had to finish off our black beans. I made some rice and stirred some canned tomatoes and chili seasoning into the beans with some onions. Success! A sprinkle of cheese, some green onions and a bit of salsa verde on top made a hearty meal.


Later, I had some vegetable guilt issues, because the enchiladas didn't have that many. I was still a bit hungry, so I heated up some vegetable soup. For something sweet, I popped a few blackberries in my mouth. So sweet and juicy. I love blackberries and have been amazed at how good these are, given that it's December. I don't even want to know where they've been shipped in from!

Dad came over and I snacked on a Clementine and a small glass of red wine.

Now it's time to go to bed!

No comments: