Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mea Culpa!

Family came in and we had a little special surprise to go check in on, so.... No photos again. Sorry. Things have been busy and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, foodwise. But here's a recap of what I ate:

It was back to the grind, so I was up early to make lunches and get out the door! Breakfast was a bowl of cereal with skim milk and a cup of black coffee to go.

I was getting hungry, so I had a cookie or two around 10 am. Didn't feel so great about my decision after I ate it. Fail.

For lunch, I packed a turkey and Muenster sandwich with lettuce on whole-wheat bread. I had a huge organic apple on the side. I had a bit of a sweet tooth, so I had a few chocolate nibs. Later, I made a cup of decaf tea to warm me up at my desk.

A co-worker offered a piece of blueberry cheesecake late in the afternoon, but I resisted because I knew I'd have wine at night!

I got home and got to work on dinner before my cousin Jonathan and his hubby, Chris, arrived for a visit. I whipped up a chicken risotto. I poached the chicken, then used that broth to prepare the rice, which also had sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, white beans and zucchini. And Parmesan!! It was yummy, but so thick. I think I prefer it a little looser. I also had some steamed broccoli on the side. And we paired it with a red wine. Nice!

We chatted and chatted over another glass of wine, and then broke out the cookies and milk. I had a glass of milk and one chocolate-covered pretzel. It hit the spot!

Overall, I felt pretty good about getting back on track. I still regret those stupid sugar cookies I had in the morning, because I knew we'd have treats at home... But today is a new day!

Totals:
Grains: ~ 5 serv
Veggies: ~2 serv
Fruits: 1.5 serv
Meats/Protein: 3 serv
Dairy: 3 serv
Fats: um... a few
Discretionary: honestly, probably around 500 cals!

No comments: