Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No Blues this Tues.

This morning, I was jostled from my peaceful slumber by Maple.  She was up at 5 am.  I took her outside, then brought her up again, took off her collar and let her chew on her toy until we got up closer to 6 am.  Then I was really working!  I quickly got dressed, and made lunches and breakfast.


I used the rest of the cantaloupe today, and made some simply sweet oatmeal.  I also had a glass of water because I was so thirsty!

Oatmeal Today:
1/4 C dry quick-cooking oats
1/2 C water
*Microwave for 1 min*

Stirred in:
about 1 Tbsp plain yogurt
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
*Warmed up a bit in the microwave again*

Topped with:
granola
peanut butter

Now, not to get all political and crazy, but if you are interested in nutritious school lunches, you might want to take a gander at this: http://www.slowfoodusa.org/index.php/campaign/time_for_lunch/call_congress  I highly encourage you to write or call your rep and encourage more support for healthy school lunches!

That's all I'm going to say.

Except that I hope you have a wonderful day!

Wait

No comments: