Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brace Yourself

Tonight, I got home to a wonderful birthday surprise... two hibiscus topiaries from my in-laws!



Aren't those blooms beautiful?  Great color!




I just love them!  So excited to see these out my window.  Thanks!

Then I locked myself out of the house.  I took Maple for a walk, and Kendall came home and let me in.  I got to work on dinner... Thai fried rice with shrimp!

I got the recipe from this neat website, and I had to sub a lot of ingredients!  It still tasted great, but lacked a sweetness that I wonder if the oyster sauce would give?  Anyway,  I didn't have chiles, so I used 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, used shrimp instead of chicken, soy sauce instead of oyster sauce, and I had no cilantro or basil. 

I'll definitely make this again, but will try to follow their recipe!

Hope you had a good Thursday and have a great Friday.

No comments: