Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Morning Madness

This morning was especially busy, filled with getting lunches ready, getting dressed, getting stuff together for school again, and eating breakfast.  We got to bed a little later than usual after watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution on ABC last night.  Loved it!  The real deal comes on Friday night, so tune in.  I have a feeling you won't be disappointed.

This morning, I had some oatmeal topped with deliciousness.


Here's how I made it:

1/4 C dry plain quick-cooking oats
1/2 C water
*Microwave on High for 1 min.*

Stir in:
1/4 C plain non-fat yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp brown sugar

Then top with:
1/8 C or so of granola
handful of choclate chips
1 heaping tsp of peanut butter

Then I usually stir it all together.  It was great!

What's missing?  Fruit!  You can stir in some applesauce or thinly sliced banana with the yogurt, vanilla and sugar (decrease sugar, probably) or you can top with other fruit slices or berries, or you can have fruit on the side.  I'm a slacker today, I guess.  Other yummy options: nuts, dried fruit, syrup, jelly.

No comments: