Monday, January 25, 2010

What a Weekend

Folks, no photos. And I'm sorry about that, but it couldn't have been helped. Mainly, because my family just spent the weekend grappling with something very hard, but it turned out well. I'll spare you the gory details. Suffice it to say, I am emotionally drained. But I am relieved and happy.

NOW. Let's talk about FOOD!

I ate out a lot this weekend. Couldn't be helped. But here's what went in my mouth...

Saturday:
  • Instant oats made with milk
  • Chicken burger, fries, diet soda
  • Water
  • Grilled tilapia with a lemon sauce on the side, tomato slices, green beans with butter, and a small roll
  • Handful of popcorn

Sunday:
  • Lowfat strawberry yogurt
  • 1/2 English muffin w/ a bit of peanut butter and apple jelly
  • most of a banana
  • 3/4 C scrambled eggs with hot sauce
  • Coffee
  • Cranberry juice
  • Blueberry bagel
  • Water
  • Water
  • Coffee
  • Thai chicken & cashew stir-fry (loaded with veggies) w/ 1/2 C steamed jasmine rice

Let me just talk about the stir-fry for a sec. I've been looking for a better alternative at Thai restaurants because coconut milk is high in saturated fat and there aren't a lot of veggies in my curries. I love curries. I don't ever want to let them go. But sometimes I want vegetables! This stir-fry, Pud Cashew, was amazing. LOADED with veggies! Baby corn, green bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, onions, celery. Yum! Plus the chicken and cashews were great. And the sauce was more of a broth (thin) and was had that soy sauce tang and salty but was also sweet! My only suggestions was that I like more heat in my Thai food. I tried a few condiments, and might mix in some chiles at the very start next time. I think I might recommend this one to my Papa, because he likes the flavors in Thai food, but is not a spicy food fan.

The weekend was not the most nutritiously sound, but I'm writing it off to being a total roller coaster.

I probably won't get around to blogging tonight, but basically, here's what I'll be eating today...


  • Instant oatmeal with milk
  • Coffee
  • Hot cocoa
  • Leftover stir-fry with rice and a banana
  • Turkey or chicken sandwich from Subway (I have class tonight, and am going to my Aunt's class after class... I am debating between picking up a footlong and having half for dinner and saving the other half for lunch the next day? That sounds like a decent plan to me!)

No comments: