NOW. Let's talk about FOOD!
I ate out a lot this weekend. Couldn't be helped. But here's what went in my mouth...
- Instant oats made with milk
- Chicken burger, fries, diet soda
- Grilled tilapia with a lemon sauce on the side, tomato slices, green beans with butter, and a small roll
- Handful of popcorn
- Lowfat strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 English muffin w/ a bit of peanut butter and apple jelly
- most of a banana
- 3/4 C scrambled eggs with hot sauce
- Cranberry juice
- Blueberry bagel
- Thai chicken & cashew stir-fry (loaded with veggies) w/ 1/2 C steamed jasmine rice
Let me just talk about the stir-fry for a sec. I've been looking for a better alternative at Thai restaurants because coconut milk is high in saturated fat and there aren't a lot of veggies in my curries. I love curries. I don't ever want to let them go. But sometimes I want vegetables! This stir-fry, Pud Cashew, was amazing. LOADED with veggies! Baby corn, green bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, onions, celery. Yum! Plus the chicken and cashews were great. And the sauce was more of a broth (thin) and was had that soy sauce tang and salty but was also sweet! My only suggestions was that I like more heat in my Thai food. I tried a few condiments, and might mix in some chiles at the very start next time. I think I might recommend this one to my Papa, because he likes the flavors in Thai food, but is not a spicy food fan.
The weekend was not the most nutritiously sound, but I'm writing it off to being a total roller coaster.
I probably won't get around to blogging tonight, but basically, here's what I'll be eating today...
- Instant oatmeal with milk
- Hot cocoa
- Leftover stir-fry with rice and a banana
- Turkey or chicken sandwich from Subway (I have class tonight, and am going to my Aunt's class after class... I am debating between picking up a footlong and having half for dinner and saving the other half for lunch the next day? That sounds like a decent plan to me!)