Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Day of Small Miracles

This morning, Kendall took Maple for a walk, so I assembled lunches and got dressed for work and made coffee and settled in for my Raisin Bran with milk. Then I grabbed my coffee and headed into the office.

Small Miracle #1: "More than Words" came on the radio, transporting me back to another country, years ago, with friends.

Then, back to the grind. I packed a variety of goodies for lunch and snack...

For a snack, a currant scone. It was moist and delicious. It made most of my co-workers insanely jealous.

For lunch, spaghetti, which I transport in a small plastic container that fits perfectly into my gigantic mug, which I microwave in. I had veggies on the side and an orange for dessert.




Small Miracle #2: The Pioneer Woman's blog. I read it all day during breaks and lunch.

It was slow at work, and that was nice. Then I got off early due to flex time. It was awesome.


So I came home, and I took Maple into the backyard and we ran and romped and played. And she was still hyper, so I took her for a walk. It was really cold and windy today...

So I made this. Chicken Tortilla Soup. I think I really knocked it out of the park with this one.
I poached chicken and then to that liquid and chicken, I added onions and garlic and tomatoes and jalapenos. I removed the chicken, shredded it and returned it to the pot. And I added salt and cumin and cayenne and black pepper. Then presto! It was done. I added cheese and cilantro.



I had tortilla chips with it. Doesn't it look delicious? It was.
Then I cuddled with my husband after I snapped at him. He listened, I teared up, the dog licked my hand. I felt better.
Small Miracle #3: Long talks on the phone with a friend who lives across the country.
Then I floated downstairs, feeling full and content and lucky. Then the dog peed on the floor.
Such is life, right?

No comments: