Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Heel and Heal

I was up this morning with the hubby and the dog. After getting creative with lunches because we ran out of bread, I made yet another bowl of the best oats ever. Again, these things did not disappoint.

I actually got around to unloading the dishwasher before leaving for work, so I considered it a successful morning. Ah yes, such is my life. It's the little thinks, folks.

For a snack, I had a ripe banana and lots of lemon water. 'Twas refreshing and delicious. What I'm saying is... it's the little things.

For lunch, I packed a salad of lettuce and deli turkey with a lemon vinaigrette. It was... interesting, but not bad. I toasted a blueberry English muffin on the side. I also had a piece of Swiss cheese. Then I ate my pear and I had blueberry yogurt. It was weird and actually lovely. Again, the little things, people.

I came home and walked Maple. So, we are working on heeling and I can tell she's really trying. The dog's afraid of cars, y'all. And when one rolls by, she sort of freaks but also tries to keep heeling. But I can tell she really wanted to bolt and run away. But she was trying REAL hard. It was probably the sweetest thing. And I looked at that dog, and I knew I would love her forever. Oh little itty bitty things.

Then it was time for dinner!

Tonight, I made ravioli with white beans and squash.

It was saucy.

Look at that. LOOK! Onions, cheese filled ravioli, squash, tomato alfredo sauce. Can it get better?
Oh wait. I think I just answered my own question...

That's just adorable.

No comments: