Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday! I slept in again, which was heavenly! I took Maple on a nice walk in the cold. We saw some beautiful birds!

Once home, I got to whipping up a warm bowl of oatmeal. I bought baked apple flavor, which wasn't that great, so I spiced it up a bit. First, I cook my instant oats with milk. Then after nuking them for 1 min., I stopped and stirred in some apple sauce. Then I microwaved them for another 45 secs while I scooped some peanut butter on a spoon. As soon as they were out and hot, I stirred the peanut butter in and then dashed a bit of cinnamon over them. I poured a glass of juice.

And I have to say that this was probably one of the best bowls of oatmeal I've ever had!




We lounged and watched political talk shows. At some point, I decided it was time to take down our Christmas decor. We boxed up the ornaments, took off the lights and Kendall took down the tree. I went out with Maple and took down our outdoor lights while she soaked up the sun.

Then we were ready for lunch...

I warmed up a bowl of white chili and threw together a nice salad. I polished off the juice and club soda.


After lunch, we decided the weather was nice enough to take Maple to Lady Bird Lake for a nice walk on the hike and bike trail. She did pretty well meeting one or two dogs and humans. We are working on heeling, but saw some improvement today.
We stopped by my in-laws for a potty break and a visit.
Once home, I folded laundry while Kendall got dinner ready. Tonight was pizza night! He also made chunky guacamole. I had two plates like this...


and a little glass of wine. I'll probably have another little glass later, but for now, I am playing with my camera trying to find a home for it downstairs AND how to take more photos in the dim indoor light we have during the winter months!

No comments: