Wednesday, January 6, 2010

That's Amore!

This morning started with walking Maple around the neighborhood. We met our neighbor and her friendly pooch outside. Then it was time for breakfast... she had Iams, and I had Raisin Bran with milk. Then it was off to meet Courtney to carpool with coffee in tow.

For lunch, I had a turkey and Swiss on whole-wheat with lettuce sandwich. On the side, about 1 C of black berries and a mini-English muffin with raspberry preserves. I might have had a chocolate. Yum!

I got home for dinner and made spaghetti and a salad. My husband and I had glass of red wine and toasted being a couple for four years...

We ate our spaghetti and reminisced. This morning, my husband called to tell me that one of my ex-boyfriends' bands will play on a local radio station this week. It's funny to think about that relationship. It ended badly, but I think he knew something that I didn't at the time; we were taking different roads and becoming different people. He is in a band now enjoying some success and I am married with a dog, a house, a 9-5 job, an educational goal and a blog. And I couldn't be happier. I have always liked plans and organization. With Kendall, I found that, in a way that being a roadie or guitarist's girlfriend could never provide. I don't want to be "with the band," and am now "with the man" of my dreams.

So we at our spaghetti at our table with love in our eyes, and our dog at our feet. And it dawned on me.... This is basically a scene out of "Lady and the Tramp!"


The resemblance is striking, no?
Seriously, you can't beat that!
Today's totals:
Grains: 6 servings
Meat: 3 servings
Dairy: 2 servings
Veggies: 2 servings
Fruit: 1 serving
Discretionary cals: ~300-400

No comments: