Sunday, February 28, 2010

Of High Ponies, Supermodels and Brain Sisters

Hey there!   Long time, no bloggy.  But, you see, my Brian Sister arrived, and I felt like this:

Exuberant.


The days that followed had lots of food and drink, and talking, and walking, and shopping, and laughing.  You know, living. 

On Friday, I quickly scarfed some oatmeal after washing the dog and showering, then went to the optometrist and grocery store.  By the time we were home, it was time to go to the airport!  After picking M up, we had a little lunch.



Panini Sandwiches of turkey, Provolone, roasted red bell peppers, artichokes, tomatoes, lettuce and red onions.  I had a fruit salad and some marinated veggies on the side.  Yum!

We walked Maple around Lady Bird Lake while we caught up.  Then it was time for dinner.  We took her to our new favorite sushi place

The waitress was nice enough to bring us some edamame.


And we all shard sushi.  First round was salmon rolls, tuna rolls and Red Devil rolls. 


This was delicious.  Then we ordered Dragon rolls and Moonlight rolls and more salmon rolls.  Didn't get photos of it, but we  were FULL.  Then we came back to the house for some chips and guac and a little wine and beer.

Saturday, I made a blueberry coffee cake.  I had it with a yogurt. 

For lunch, we went out to Driftwood Winery and I packed a picnic.






After wine sampling, we found a nice table with a great view.  I made Italian tuna and white bean salad, caprese salad, fruit salad and veggies with lemon aoili.  I also grabbed some crackers.  We had a Viognier with it.  It was sublime.  Much talking, much laughter, much reveling in the moment.

Then we drove on to Fredricksburg and did some window shopping and memory-making.

For dinner, we took her to Enoteca Vespaio, and honestly, I was underwhelmed.  Got the usual calamari and margherita pizza.

Back to the house for more wine and snacks.

Sunday was more coffee cake and coffee.  For lunch, I made roasted Cornish hens with roasted potatoes and onions and asparagus.


All in all, it was a great visit, but was sad to see her go.  I had to buy a Snickers bar to console me.



She is my Brain Sister and I love her.  We laugh alot, we talk about important issues and trivial things.  We went through an important and formative four months together.  I see her every few months, and I tell her basically everything.  She understands me.  She likes my cooking and my husband and my dog.  We are Brain Sisters, and we are both members of the High Pony club and we are supermodel hott!

No comments: