Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tuesday Schmoozday

Sorry for the delay, but yesterday evening, I just wanted to chill and watch some Idol with Ellen!



For breakfast, I had some oatmeal and coffee. I've also been starting off my mornings with a glass of water and have been averaging about 6 C/day at work. Not bad for my goal, yes?




Work flew by in the morning, and before I knew it, I was ready for lunch. And lunch was weird today. It was leftover buffalo chicken with two slices of whole wheat bread and a tangelo. Yes. That's what I ate for my lunch. Times are tough, okay? Stop staring at me.




When I got home, before class, I walked right up to a slow-cooker full of perfectly salted black beans. I put about 3 heaping tablespoons into a bowl. And I added some Tobasco. That was my snack. I love black beans.




When I got home from class, though, the magic really happened. I spent most of class thinking about those tomatoes and that jalapeno in the fridge. And that bag of red onions. And those limes. And that avocado. So I did what any logical person would do... I made salsa fresca and served it with avocado chunks.
First, let me explain why I didn't make guacamole. Because we only had 1 avocado and we had lots of tomatoes. And I figured we would enjoy a lot of salsa fresca throughout the week with our beans, even if we didn't have avocado. So that's why.

So I put some beans in a bowl, and I added a little cumin and a little Tobasco. And then I put some avocado chunks on top and spooned salsa around it. And my heart was happy. Then I saw some chips and put some on a plate, and I poured a glass of red wine. And my heart was jubilant.

Because if you're heart isn't singing for this, then I'm sorry to break it to you, but you are not in fact a human. Sorry. Go lick your wounds, you freakish robot.

No comments: