Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Love Sundays

I slept in this morning, then woke up and started baking.  I decided to try my hand at cinnamon rolls.  Why?  Because they're delicious, that's why!  Also, they are one of Kendall's favorite foods. 

My first attempt wasn't too bad.



Here's what was left.

We spent most of the morning relaxing, baking, studying, grocery shopping and doing laundry.

Kendall made some pasta salad for lunch, but I forgot to take a picture.  It was whole-wheat penne with alfredo sauce, broccoli, red onions, and tomatoes.  It was delicious.

The weather was beautiful; it was clear, sunny and about 75 degrees.  We had to walk!  We took Maple on a nice long one.  Then I folded clothes, cut Kendall's hair and we washed the car.

Here's some exciting news: one of my dreams came true today.  I made extra pizza dough.  Then I baked it and will freeze it.



So while I was letting the dough rise, I made some snacks, like guacamole and pulled out some leftover popcorn.

Kendall is a master popcorn-maker.


And I made a salad.  I drizzled a little Ranch dressing on some lettuce, and then added some apple cider vinegar and a bit of olive oil.



It was fresh and it was green.  I love that.  Know what else is fresh and green?


Springtime is budding.


That's my pear trea in the backyard.  It's budding.  I love that too.

She brings joy to my life.

And I love my cute dog.  If I had a tail, I would wag it because of her.  But I don't.  So I just say that she brings joy to my life. 

So does this.

Pizza.  Homemade.  Why haven't I been doing this recently?  Am I having an existential crisis?  This is what I stand for, this is what gives me life breadth.  Fresh, made-from-scratch, perfect-sauce pizza.


I need to go ponder my behavior.  After eating some of this.  With an IPA.

No comments: