Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Morning!

This weekend was quick, but productive and fun!  Saturday morning, I made crepes and Kendall cleaned the floors and bathroom.  I vacuumed, and then we got ready for my work picnic.  I brought some carrot sticks and sauteed zucchini rounds.

For lunch, we had little tea sandwiches (I had one triangle) with some veggies, carrots, zucchini, tea, two deviled egg halves, a scone with lemon curd and a petit four.  Maple had fun visiting other dogs.

After the picnic, we went to my aunt's house and visited my parents and grandparents.  Then my aunt came in from Seattle.  So good to see everyone!

Then we cut Maple's hair!  We debated between going to a groomer or doing it ourselves.  I looked online and got some tips and then, we just went for it!



Much better!  There was so much fur on the porch!  Her hair on her torso is about half as long as it was and we removed more from her legs to keep those cool while she trots around as it heats up.  Plus we trimmed her beard and around her ears and eyes.  I'm biased but I think she looks pretty cute.  There are DEFINITELY some uneven patches, but we learned how to do it, and figure we're going to go even shorter in about 2 months when it's grown out and it's REALLY hot outside.

For dinner, we had a cheese pizza that Kendall doctored with onions and tomatoes!

I added some leftover veggies, olives and pickles to my plate.  We went to a party where I had some red wine.  When we got home, I had water and another little slice of pizza.

For Sunday, breakfast was crepes again!  Love those.  I went to the store and then folded some laundry.  For lunch, I made a HUGE salad with boiled eggs as well as mango and watermelon for dessert.  It was great to get our veggies in!  Plus it fueled us for an afternoon outside. 

We went to the nursery and home improvement store and got some sweet basil, Thai basil, ground cover, topsoil and mulch, and caulking and roof patch.  I revamped our herb garden, worked some good soil in and put the mulch on top.  I used cedar mulch to try to keep some of the pests away naturally.  Then I held the ladder as Kendall caulked the side of the house.

For dinner, I whipped up a big pot of chicken, beans and rice.


I used brown rice, then had some chicken breasts cubed up, a can of black beans, some leftover zucchini, two onions, garlic, a 28 oz. can of tomatoes, some jalapeno, cumin, salt and pepper.  I sprinkled some queso fresco and cilantro on top.  It was delicious!  Very filling, very low in fat, very high in fiber.   Plus it was tasty.  We have more leftover for the week.

This morning, for breakfast, some yogurt with whole wheat toast that is smeared with some margarine and blueberry preserves and a banana.

I love those preserves!  So yummy and fruity and fresh.

No comments: