Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quick Recap and Another Fun Article

Hey y'all!  Lab took FOREVER last night, so when I got home, I was happy to find some mac 'n' cheese in the fridge and fresh blackberries.  It made for a yummy late night snack.  The macaroni probably wasn't the healthiest snack/late dinner, but it hit the spot.

For breakfast, I switched back to good old oatmeal after my lackluster cereal left me hungry by 10 am yesterday.  Oatmeal really fills me up, and I find I don't feel famished mid-morning.  I made it with 1/2 C skim milk, 1 tsp brown sugar and vanilla each, and mixed in a little cereal, 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter and 1 tsp raspberry jam.

I found this great article yesterday at Self.com on foods that can help reduce the risk of some illnesses, and also help with some short-term problems, like fatigue or PMS.  I was happy to see that carbs and even beans can make you feel happier, so I am making a bit pot of black beans today!  I'm interested to try some of their suggestions for life's little ailments.  It will be hard to tell if the food really helps with things like the blues, stress or fatigue, or if it creates a placebo effect.  And while eating certain foods is no guarantee that you won't get heart disease, high blood pressure, or types of cancer, it's an interesting read.

No comments: