Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Berry Berry Exciting


I woke up this morning feeling great and wanting a treat.  Last night I whipped up a smoothie.  I have reason to celebrate: I was officially accepted into my Masters of Human Nutrition program last night.  Yes!


I made two servings for Kendall and I to split.  It was about 2 cups of strawberries and blackberries.  I added about 3/4 C plain yogurt and added enough juice (cranberry strawberry banana) to get it thin enough.

It was great!  My first sip wasn't good because I had recently brushed my teeth.


I had two slices of whole wheat toast with some peanut butter and strawberry preserves.  It was a filling and good breakfast.

Lunch today was a real treat.  The office bought us lunch at Chipotle!


I knew we were getting lunch, but wasn't sure what they'd order, so I brought some veggies and ranch just in case.


These things are huge.  I had a burrito with rice, black beans, veggies, cheese, a bit of lettuce and medium-heat salsa.



While delicious, it was really heavy on the rice.  The black beans were yummy and I felt that they had added just enough of them.  I couldn't see the cheese, but I could taste it, so I think it was white and in a corner of a tortilla fold.  The salsa was awesome.  The veggies... not enough and were just green bell peppers and red onions.  I love that combo!  But maybe add some red bell peppers and squash.  I think my ideal burrito would be 1/3 rice, 1/3 beans and 1/3 veggies with some cheese and salsa on top.  But it was FREE, yummy and I ate the whole thing because I was hungry.  I ate all my veggies too.  Now I think I might have some hot decaf green tea to settle my tummy.

Now the week is on the downhill slide, because my test is over, and work is quiet, I got into grad school, and I am going to a wedding this weekend with lots of family, so it will be fun to catch up and hopefully dance with my handsome husband.

Yay Grad School!  Go Bobcats!

No comments: