Thursday, May 27, 2010

Back but Different

Long time, no bloggy.  I apologize for my absence, but life got away from me, and, upon finding myself on the other side of a harsh semester, I took a break from a few things.  A break from blogging, yes, but also a break from carting around heavy books and worrying and getting heartburn over a question about a chemical reaction.  In place of those things, have filled my evenings with cooking for myself and my husband and walking and playing with my dog, and WATCHING THE NEWS which I hadn't done in four months, and painting my nails and wearing sandals. 

We rearranged our living room, and now it's cozy and inviting and comfortable-- in time for locking ourself indoors with the A/C during the hot summer months.  We've had friends over for dinner, met friends to bowl and went to visit my brain sister, cousin and his husband in Chicago.  In short, we've been relishing all those things we put on hold while I poured over periodic tables.

In Chicago, we definitely ate some seriously good food, both in and out.  And we visited new places, full of history, and flowers and nature and we learned things like how vodka is made and that there is an amazing grocery chain out there that we do not have here in Central Texas.  That last one saddens me.  Their store-brand corn salsa is...well, worth weeping over when you cannot find it.  We laughed a lot.  And I have to admit, I always get a little teary eyed when I part from my brain sister, because I do not like the fact that I cannot simply drive to her place any time I want.

But now we're getting back into the groove of things.  And I have pictures of food I've eaten and made recently.  But I also have a new vision for my blog.  While I wasn't writing, I was plotting, my friends.  I was thinking of this space and what I want it to be.  I am going to shift focus a bit to better reflect the food itself, rather than a laundry list of what I ate and how my day at the office was. 

So you can expect entries on new recipes, with lots of pictures and suggestions.  They will still be healthy and delicious and affordable.  But it will hopefully be more focused and accessible and helpful.

I'll be back shortly, but until then, eat well!

No comments: