Thursday, August 16, 2007

Be Bold

After years of eating Texan and Southern fare, I finally tried my hand at my own chipotle mayo. The recipe is actually quite simple. I served it with grilled salmon and a side of pineapple salsa. The salsa wasn't terrific, but the mayo was! Never one to shy away from spice, I used more chipotle than called for and added a little more adobo sauce for good measure. The extra spice meant that I ate less mayo, and delivered a wallop of flavor.

The condiment earned me the compliment, "Hyde Park's got nothing on you, babe." If you live in Austin and have tried the heavenly sauce with their famous fries, you know what a statement that is!

Chipotle Mayo
1/4 cup mayo
1 1/4 teaspoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce

(I added a splash of lime juice for a bit of balance)

Stir well and serve.

No comments: