Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don't Try This Wine!

Usually, I don't like to post about things I don't enjoy. Like mother always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" But I couldn't help myself with this version of Try This Wine: DON'T Try This Wine.

Citra wine, any variety, is just not good. While it's low price might allure you, as it did me, forget it. What you will uncork is a tawny, flat wine that is sure to disappoint. This is the sort of wine that your Aunt Gretchen might serve at a dinner party proudly because, as she'll point out time and time again, "it's Italian." And she's right; it is Italian, but that doesn't make it good.

I tried pairing their Montepulciano d'Abruzzo with a baguette and some brie, and even the smoky, pungent rind of the cheese was not enough to lessen the gross taste. As Kendall put it: "You know how I say that some wines taste like spoilt grape juice? Well, this is one of them."

Just don't.

No comments: