Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-CHANGES

So much has happened since I last posted.  I have lots of BIG NEWS!

For starters, in July, I became an aunt again.  My brother and sister-in-law had a beautiful baby girl.  She's the picture of perfection and everyone in the family is quite in love with her.  There has been much "ooh"-ing and "aah"-ing and snuggling going on with the little bundle of joy.  She has a thick head of hair, long fingers, and little sausages for legs and arms.

Later in July, Kendall and I added a new addition to our family as well.  We adopted another dog!  We found Daisy at our local shelter and after introducing her to Maple, we adopted her.  She's a Cairn Terrier mix, and is so sweet and loving.  Daisy and Maple are now real sisters, exploring together.



In other big news, I will be starting my Masters in about two weeks, and am so excited!  Unfortunately, I will have to stop working at my current job; I needed a more flexible schedule and they weren't able to fit it in.  So I will be a full-time student.  I hope this means I can blog more, but will also be writing for Austin's Examiner.com on pet rescue in the Austin area.  Exciting, no?  There are a few other plans in the works, but more on that later.

In the midst of all this, I've been cooking and eating.  And I will continue to do so!  I'll be posting back here soon with some great recipes and ideas.

Until then...Keep eating!

No comments: